13–14th Jul 2017
Deadline (proposals): 30th Apr 2017
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. In the last decade global and local structural shifts are triggering up transformations in migration flows, and bringing about new modes of mobilities (directions, typologies and aims) between China and Spain. These evolving realities are also reshaping translational links and practices between the two countries.
This workshop aims to examine continuities and transformations of Chinese migration in Spain in the background of the emerging realties mentioned above. Hence, the workshop seeks to gather together current research on Chinese migration in Spain in order to identify new investigation needs, and put together suggestions and guidelines for public policies.
The following sub-themes are not exhaustive but include the main areas of inquiry:
- New mobilities, trajectories, and directions of Chinese migration between China and Spain.
- Family and generational continuum: Ascendants and descendants relatives.
- Demographic structure and life cycle (childhood, youth and old edge).
- Identities, mobilities and transnationalism.
- Working trajectories and entrepreneurship: New professional itineraries and entrepreneurial projects. Economic strategies and investments.
- Migration and political institutions: associations, migrants’ involvement in theSpanish and/or Chinese society.
- Ritual space: religious practices, local and transnational festivities.
- Public policies and applied research: Needs, projects and interventions.
- Mediation and languages.
- Health practices: Transnational health practices, use of public and private health system, health and body care, mediation and interpreting.
- Art, cultural production and representations.
- Media and social digital networks.
- Education and transnationalism.
This workshop is aimed at scholars and researchers, as well as at professionals working in the field of migration in public administration, non-governmental organizations, foundations, etc. Papers will be evaluated for a potential publication.
Submission of proposals:
– Abstract (max 500 words).
– Personal bio (max 150 words).
– Languages: Presentations and abstracts are accepted in Spanish, Catalan and English.
The documents (abstract and personal bio) are to be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address by 30 April: Irene.Masdeu@uab.cat
– Deadline for proposals submission: April 30, 2017.
– Notification of acceptance: May 28, 2017.
– Deadline for paper submission: 15 June, 2017.
– Workshop dates: July 13 – 14, 2017.
Organizers: InterAsia Research Group, East Asian Studies &Research Center – CERAO, Department of Translation and Interpreting and East Asian Studies, Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona.
Download this announcement as PDF Chinese: 第二届西班牙中国移民国际研讨会
Download this announcement as PDF English: 2nd International Workshop on Chinese Migration in Spain_EN
Download this announcement as PDF Spanish: II Seminario migraciones chinas en España_ES