Notice of Vacancies: The Department of Philosophy at National Taiwan University invites applications for the positions of Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor
Taipei City, Taiwan
Deadline: 18th Dec 2017
Department of Philosophy, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
The Department of Philosophy at National Taiwan University invites applications for the positions of Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor. Teaching appointment is effective from August 1, 2018. Qualification: Ph.D. in Philosophy or related fields
Specializations (Priority will be given to applicants specializing in one of the following areas):
1. Pre-Qin Confucian philosophy (preferably with expertise in excavated manuscripts)
2. Contemporary Continental philosophy
3. Metaphysics (applicants must be able to teach epistemology)
Other Requirements: Applicants must be competent in teaching in Mandarin and prepared to offer mandatory courses (teaching experience is preferred but not required).
(1) Photocopy of certificate of doctoral degree
An official transcript of doctoral studies is required for the application for the position of Assistant Professor
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Publication list
(4) Description of work experience and/or special honors (if any)
(5) Statement of research specialization and academic interests
(6) Course syllabi (including mandatory courses) and syllabi of previously offered courses (if any)
(7) Four copies of the following: dissertation, or up to three major publications (after August 2013) and other reference publications (if any, after August 2011). If major publications are in the form of monographs or book chapters, please submit proof of review and publication.
(8) Two letters of recommendation
Deadline: Applications should be received by 5 p.m. on December 18, 2017.
Download this announcement as .docx: Philosophy Job Opportunities at National Taiwan University