Call for Papers: European Jesuits in China (16th-18th): The Impact of Jesuits on the Development of Modern Chinese Science
Asian Studies Azijske študije
Deadline: 30th Jun 2015
The Autumn issue 2015 will be dedicated to the work of European Jesuits in China from 16th till 18th centuries. The main purpose of this issue is to further explore the role of Jesuits on the development of modern Chinese science. More specifically, this issue seeks to offer new insights in Jesuit`s contribution to development of the astronomy, cartography and mathematical sciences with special focuses on astronomical instruments and the work of Jesuits in the imperial Board of Astronomy. We welcome papers from scholars, researchers, PhD students and other who have expertise in the above mentioned topic.
Previous not published articles are to be submitted online (http://revije.ff.uni-lj.si/as) by the 30th June 2015.
The academic journal Asian Studies (until 2013 Asian and African Studies) has been published by the Department of Asian and African Studies, at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia) since 1997. It is a distinctive, interdisciplinary journal devoted to the study of Asian societies and cultures. Twice a year, it publishes thoroughly researched and strictly peer-reviewed academic articles, which represent the highest level of scholarly excellence.
Information for Authors
– The manuscript should be original, and has not been published previously. Do not submit material that is currently being considered by another journal.
– Manuscripts may be 8000-10000 words or longer if approved by the editor, including an abstract, texts, tables, footnotes, appendixes, and references. The title should be on page 1 and not exceed 15 words, and should be followed by an abstract of 100 words. 3-5 keywords or key phrases are required.
– The following information should be filled out when registering on the web page: name of the author(s), academic title or position, institution, mailing address, e-mail address.
– The manuscript should be in English and in MS Word format, submitted online on http://revije.ff.uni-lj.si/as. The submitted paper should be already proof-read before submitted.
– The referencing system should comply with the Chicago Manual of Style – author-date system.
Asian Studies a refereed journal. Papers are peer-reviewed by two experts of the similar academic field and assessed by the journal’s international editorial board.
The journal has been listed in the following databases/resources:
– Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
– Erih B
– Google Scholar
Welcome visit our website at: http://revije.ff.uni-lj.si/as
Editorial Board of Asian Studies
Download this call for papers as PDF…