Saint Petersburg, Russia
25th – 29th Jun 2014
Deadline: 10th Mar 2014
Faculty of Asian and African Studies of St.Petersburg State University and Society of Lao She Studies cordially welcome paper proposals for the 6th International Conference “Issues of Far Eastern Literatures”, dedicated to the 115th anniversary of outstanding Chinese writer Lao She (1899-1966). The conference will be held on June 25 – 29, 2014 in Saint Petersburg and will include the following panels:
- Lao She and his contribution to Chinese literature;
- The trends in Chinese literature of XX and XXI centuries;
- New tasks in the study of classical Chinese literature in the age of globalization and informatization;
- Far Eastern literatures in Russia & Russian literature in the Far Eastern & South-East Asian countries: translation, perception and interference;
- Literatures of Far East & South East Asia: past and present;
- Modernizing the Tibetan literary tradition
Working languages of the conference will be Russian, Chinese and English. The papers will be published prior the conference commences. The application (indicating author’s name, academic degree, position, field of Asian studies, e-mail, title of the paper) as well as the full text of the paper in Russian, or Chinese, or English and its summary in English (in the whole, not more than 20 000 Latin symbols, or 5000 Chinese characters, MS Word RTF-format) should be sent before March 1, 2014 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (for Dr. Alexey Rodionov). The acceptance notice together with the program information will be sent to participants by March 10, 2014.
The conference fee is set at 100 € (due upon arrival). The organizers will provide visa support, airport transfers, materials of the conference, lunches, coffee breaks, shuttle service and White-nights cultural program. The participants will be accommodated at a 4 stars hotels in the center of the city (60-120 € per person per day) at their own expense.
Convener Alexey Rodionov (St.Petersburg University)