Guidelines for Sharing Information via the EACS Mailing List and Website
The aim of the EACS mailing list is to provide EACS members with information about
- academic events (conferences, workshops, seminars and webinars, lecture series, roundtables, special panel sessions, interviews, summer and winter schools, and similar academic events that include more than just one speaker or presenter);
- calls for papers or conference presentations;
- job advertisements (including academic positions at all levels at universities, research centres and libraries; Ph.D. and postdoc scholarships);
- travel, study or research grants as well as fellowships;
- events of general interest to EACS members, such as China-related lecture series, exhibitions, festivals or cultural events organized by or in collaboration with a Chinese Studies department.
In addition, the EACS mailing list publishes updates (e.g., deferred deadlines, changes of venue) of events or activities organized by its members. Individual lectures will generally not be advertised through the mailing list. Occasional exceptions might be made on a case-by-case basis.
The EACS treats all requests to post information on its mailing list equally. However, the final decision regarding all posts lies with the Vice Secretary-General who is also the chief mailing list editor.
Only members of the EACS are eligible to advertise events, calls or announcements through the EACS mailing list, or to receive emails via the list. The EACS mailing list uses membership information and email addresses stored in its member database. Mailing list posts are sent to the email address you have specified in your membership section. Members are kindly asked to ensure that their personal information is up-to-date.
The EACS mailing list and the website are two separate channels of communication. The mailing list is managed by the Vice Secretary-General, while the website is administered by the Webmaster. If you would like an item to be advertised via the mailing list as well as to be published on our website, please include both officers (vice secretary-general and the webmaster) in your request. Announcements will not automatically be circulated through the mailing list and posted on the website. The emails of all EACS officers can be found on the EACS website.
Posts send to the Vice Secretary-General for circulation on the mailing list should as much as possible be written in gender-inclusive and non-discriminatory language. The EACS reserves the right to reject or to edit posts that do not conform to baseline standards of gender-inclusivity. Guidelines for the use of gender-inclusive language can be found here: https://www.un.org/en/gender-inclusive-language/guidelines.shtml
All members must at all times observe an appropriate and professional tone in their communications with EACS officers. We will not tolerate any form of verbal abuse to EACS officers.
16 October 2021