Hong Kong, China
Deadline: 1st Dec 2013
The CEFC would like to draw the attention of prospective PhD candidates to this attractive scheme funded by the Hong Kong government to bring foreign research students to Hong Kong. The CEFC may be able to help interested French and EU candidates identify and contact relevant supervisors. It is possible on an ad hoc basis to apply for double supervision between a French/European and a Hong Kong University. The CEFC encourages prospective French PhD students to consider this funding opportunity.
Hong Kong Universities are looking for PhD students with evidence of academic excellence, research ability and potential, and good communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities for full-time PhD study in Hong Kong within the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme.
The scheme pays for:
- Full 3 year tuition scholarship
- Monthly stipend of HK$20,000 (approx. US$2,600)
- Annual book and equipment allowance of HK$20,000 (approx. US$2,600) not at all universities !!!
- Annual Conference Funding of HK$10,000 (approx. US$1,300)
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS VERY COMPETITIVE!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 1, 2013 for a September 2014 start.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Identify and approach potential supervisors as soon as possible (see below);
- Develop a research proposal with interested supervisor;
- Submit application forms (incl. references) and research proposals by the deadline.
University websites to start looking for departments and supervisors:
Hong Kong University – http://www.hku.edu.hk/
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology – http://www.ust.edu.hk/
Chinese University of Hong Kong – http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/
City University of Hong Kong – http://www.cityu.edu.hk/
Hong Kong Polytechnic University – http://www.polyu.edu.hk/
Hong Kong Baptist University – http://www.hkbu.edu.hk/
Lingnan University – http://www.ln.edu.hk/
Hong Kong Institute of Education – http://www.ied.edu.hk/