1st Jul 2013
The fourth symposium for young researchers is aimed at students who are about to begin their research, master students, doctoral students, and students who have recently completed their PhD theses. The objective of the symposium is to provide a scientific forum within which the next generation of researchers can exchange ideas and present the research they are carrying out in the field of Translation, Interpreting, Intercultural Studies and East Asian Studies.
As well as papers presented by participants, there will be a plenary lecture given by internationally renowned researcher.
The symposium will take place on the 1st of July 2013 at the Department of Translation and Interpreting of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
Papers are welcomed on topics relating to the research interests of the Department of Translation and Interpreting. These include:
Translation and Interpreting
- Specialized translation
- Literary translation
- Audiovisual translation and media accessibility
- Information and communication technologies in translation
- Translator and interpreter training
- History of translation and interpreting
- Interculturality, ideology and the sociology of translation and interpreting
- Textuality and translation
- Cognitive studies in translation and interpreting
- Professional aspects of translation and interpreting
- Empirical research in translation and interpreting
East Asian Studies
- East Asian languages and literatures
- Politics and international relations in East Asia
- Culture, thought, and interculturality in East Asia
- Economy of East Asia
The languages of the symposium are Catalan, Spanish and English.
Visit this announcement at External Link