Deadline: 27th Oct 2016
Discipline of International Business
The University of Sydney Business School
Reference no. 1594/0916
Opportunity to contribute to world class management education and research
Academic Level B
Full-time continuing, remuneration package: $117K-$139K p.a., which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super (a salary supplement may also be negotiable based on qualifications and experience)
The University of Sydney is Australias first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian business schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS; the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
We are currently seeking to make an appointment in Chinese Business and Management in the Discipline of International Business at the lecturer level.
In this position you will:
- Teach units related to China (at undergraduate and postgraduate levels) to culturally-diverse student cohorts and provide curriculum development
- make a contribution to the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
- supervise higher degree research students
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a PhD awarded in International Business, Management or a related discipline
- demonstrated expertise in one or more areas of international business related to China
- an active research program with publications in high quality internationally refereed journals and significant potential for future high quality research publications
- evidence of high quality teaching ability with relevant teaching experience at undergraduate, postgraduate or professional degree level, and contributions to course and program development
- evidence of the ability to do independent field work in mainland China and to cooperate with Chinese and international research partners
- evidence of successful teamwork and collegial engagement with staff and students
- the capacity to contribute to the Business School’s engagement with industry and the wider community including engaging in public debate on key issues.
There are also desirable criteria for appointment.
The Business School has an outstanding international reputation in international business and management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit: How to apply for an advertised position.
Remuneration package: $117,725 – $139,317 p.a. (which includes a base salary $99,138 – $117,725p.a, leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
A salary supplement may also be negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Specific enquiries about the position can be directed to Associate Professor Vikas Kumar, Chair, Discipline of International Business at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding the recruitment process can be directed to Michelle Carlon on +61 2 8627 0646 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 11:30pm 27 October 2016
Visit the website of this accnouncement at: External Link…