University of Sheffield, UK
14–15th Jun 2017
Deadline: 16th Apr 2017
BPCS’s annual conference:
Papers will be selected on the basis of the quality of the abstract submitted.
Our theme this year: “From local to global: regional aspects of China”
We will accept topics from a wide spectrum of the Humanities and Social Sciences, including but not restricted to:
– History, Art, Religions
– Education, Public Health, Public Policies
– Heritage, Traditional and Modern Culture
– Politics, Economics, Media Studies
– Environment, Geography, Urbanisation
– Regional studies based in Mainland China, Hong Kong,Taiwan, etc.
Confirmed Keynote speakers:
* Marina Svensson (Professor of Modern China Studies, University of Lund, Sweden)
* Marjorie Dryburgh (Lecturer in Modern Chinese Studies, University of Sheffield)
* Gemma Thorpe (Artist, Sheffield)
Deadline for applications: 16th of April 2017, midnight (UK time)
Please apply with our Google form using the link below (you don’t need a Google account). We require a 250-300 words abstract.
Disclaimer: This association is focused on UK-based students, but we gladly accept international applications for our annual conference – just explain in the comment section of the application why you want to attend!
Unfortunately we usually cannot help with VISA specific issues but we do recommend applying for grants such as those offered by UCCL to help with fieldwork/research expenses if you are based in China. Please consult the BACS website for other funding opportunities.
We are grateful for our sponsors’ support:
British Association for Chinese Studies
European Association for Chinese Studies
Amsterdam University Press
School of Taiwan Studies, SOAS
Global China Institute
University of Sheffield
Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland