Deadline: 25th Jun 2017
(limited to 3 years, 50 percent of a full-time employment), Salary: Entgeltgruppe TV-L 13, in the context of the German-Russian project “Chinese perceptions of Russia and the West during the 20th century: changes, continuities and contingencies” (financed on the German side by the DFG)
• Collaboration in the preparation, implementation and documentation of the project with a special focus on historical textbook research; development of research tools; collection, processing and evaluation of data; presentation and publication of the project’s results
• Individual research connected to the project for acquiring a PhD
• Applicants should hold a clearly above-average Master’s degree in a related field of research (Chinese Studies or similar)
• Candidates should have excellent Chinese and English language skills (written and spoken), additional skills in Russian are an asset
• Candidates should be very knowledgeable in the fields of modern Chinese/East Asian/Northeast Asian history
• High organizational skills, independency, communication skills and team spirit will be appreciated
• Candidates are expected to aim at obtaining a higher academic qualification
Please send your application written in English with the usual documentation (cover letter pointing out your specific skills; CV; certificates; abstract of your Master thesis and contact information of your supervisor) by June 25, 2017, as one pdf-file (max. 15 pages) to: email@example.com. In case of queries, please contact the project leader, Prof. Dr. Gotelind Müller-Saini (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that documentation handed in will not be returned.
Severely disabled persons are encouraged to apply and will be given preference in the case of equal suitability.