Deadline for abstracts: 31 May 2019
Deadline for manuscripts: 31 October 2019
MING QING YANJIU ISSN 1724-8574
Università degli Studi di Napoli “L’Orientale”, Dept. of Asian, African and Mediterranean Studies
Published by BRILL
MING QING YANJIU, founded in 1992, is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated primarily to advanced studies of pre-modern China. This journal provides a forum for scholars from a variety of fields related to late imperial and early republican period that aim to have a cross-disciplinary discourse. Contributions in sociology, literature, psychology, anthropology, history, geography, linguistics, semiotics, political science, and philosophy, as well as book reviews are welcome.
We invite paper submissions of up to 10.000 words for our special issue on “Collecting, Collections, and Collectors” that deal with any kind of collecting in Late Imperial China. Papers may address (but are by no means limited to) the following topics:
- the historical, social, and cultural aspects of collecting
- collecting and antiquarianism/collecting as scholarship
- catalogues and collecting/connoisseurial manuals
- the practice of collecting
- the business of collecting
- particular collectors and/or collections
- collecting networks
- historical changes in collecting
- consumerism and collecting
- specific types of collectibles
- questions of value/authenticity of collectibles
Please also submit a short abstract (300 words max.) of your paper.
Rüdiger Breuer, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Craig Clunas, University of Oxford
Nicola Di Cosmo, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton
Maram Epstein, University of Oregon
Guo Yingde, Beijing Normal University
Christine Moll-Murata, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Paola Paderni, University of Naples L’Orientale, Italy
Roderich Ptak, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, München
David Robinson, Colgate University
William T. Rowe, Johns Hopkins University
Nicolas Standaert, Leuven University
Luca Stirpe, Università degli Studi di Chieti-Pescara
Wu Bin, Shenyang Gugong Bowuguan
Yang Nianqun, Beijing People’s University
- Abstracts and manuscripts should be submitted to the editor of this special issue of Ming Qing Yanjiu, Phillip Grimberg, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Papers must be written in English or in Chinese, and they must indicate the author’s postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Authors are requested to enclose, at the time of submission, a one-page abstract of their article, four key-words and biographical information. Articles in Chinese should be provided with an abstract in English.
- Illustrations, i.e. drawings, black and white pictures, maps, are welcome.
For information please refer to: https://brill.com/view/journals/mqyj/mqyj-overview.xml
Download this announcement as PDF: Ming Qing yanjiu_special issue_2020 Call for papers