Hong Kong, P.R.China
28-30th May 2020
Deadline: 3rd Jan 2020
The Seventh Young Scholars’ Forum in Chinese Studies will be held from 28 May to 30 May 2020. The forum is now calling for paper proposal to the theme: Intellectual Networks and Knowledge Production: Remapping Chinese Studies. Ph.D. students (after completing qualifying examination) or Ph.D. graduates with less than five years of work experience are invited for presentation of their recent research output on topics of interest include but are not restricted to the following:
1. Rise and fall of schools of thought in any period of the history of China and the Chinese;
2. Spread of key concepts and genealogies of knowledge of/about China in local and global context
3. (Re)interpretation, dissemination, appropriation and reception of classics and important texts;
4. Knowledgeable communities, e.g. intellectuals, scholars, officials, literati, craftsmen, connoisseurs and more;
5. Knowledge of/in traditionally marginalized groups;
6. Methods for studying intellectual networks and knowledge production in Chinese studies.
The Forum will only cover expenses for lodging and round-trip transportation (economy class) for the participants. The organizer will provide maximum subsidy of 1,000 USD (subject to approval). Forum registration is free.
Below are some important dates:
· Call for Paper Proposal Deadline: 3 January 2020
· Acceptance Notification: 23 January 2020
· Full Paper Submission Deadline: 9 April 2020
Online apply at: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/ics/general/forum/submission.html
For enquiries, please contact Professor Lai Chi Tim (email@example.com) or Ms. Lea Lai (firstname.lastname@example.org).