The EACS 2021 is now accepting a limited number of late-breaking panel proposals for inclusion at the 23rd biennial conference of the European Association for Chinese Studies (EACS), which will be held in Leipzig from August 24 to August 28, 2021.
Topical and timely late-breaking panels provide a forum for engaging in dialogue on current events that affect our perspectives on and work in the Sinophone world. The organising committee encourages submissions on all relevant topics—not limited to the political sphere—that represent emerging data or trending topics from the past six months.
Hot topics include, but are not limited to:
· Covid-19 in Sinophone Societies
· Fourteenth Five-Year Plan and Climate Change
· Hong Kong after the Crackdown
· Recent Developments across the Taiwan Strait
· Recent Major Cultural Events
· Sino-American Relations before and after the US Elections
· Sino-European Relations after Brexit and Covid-19
· The Xi Administration and Challenges to Academia
· The Xinjiang Internment and Forced Labour System
Only fully formed panels or roundtable sessions will be considered (no individual papers, please). All sessions will run 105 minutes in length. Panels should include not fewer than three and no more than five papers, and roundtables should include no more than five discussants and a chair. Individuals already on the programme are welcome to participate in a late-breaking session in addition to their own panel session.
Applications must be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15, 2021, 6 pm CET, for an evaluation by an international board of referees. Scholars who have submitted their proposals by this deadline will be notified of their acceptance to the conference before March 31, 2021. The language of the conference is English.
Download this announcement as PDF: EACS 2021 Call for Late-breaking Submissions