Deadline: 15th Oct 2019
Oriens Extremus invites contributions to a special section on Marxism in East Asia and beyond.
2017 and 2018 mark several anniversaries regarding Marxism-Leninism: 100 years of the October Revolution, 150 years of the Capital, 170 years of the Communist Manifesto, and Karl Marx’s 200th birthday. Despite the crisis of the Marxist paradigm after the fall of the Soviet Union, Marxism- Leninism remains an important legacy in China and Korea, with Japanese intellectuals having played a major role as transmitters in the past. Topics for submission may include, but are not limited to:
– ways of transmission of Marxism-Leninism
– different perceptions of Marxism-Leninism
– relationships between the socialist countries in the initial phase of socialist construction
– ways in which Marxist-Leninist thought inspired intellectual life (e. g. philosophy, literature) and politics (e. g. institutions, ideology) in East Asia
– accommodation of the Marxist-Leninist model to specific needs in East Asia
The deadline for the title and short abstract would be 15th of October and the final deadline for the paper the 2nd of February 2019. English proof reading is provided by the journal.
Contact: Prof. Dr. Yvonne Schulz Zinda <firstname.lastname@example.org>