Deadline: 12th Apr 2019
In order to widen the scope of its courses, the China Center (Center for Cultural Studies on Science and Technology in China, CCST) at Technische Universität Berlin seeks to appoint
lecturers for the winter semester of 2019-2020
for the following fields:
- History / cultural studies of China
- Science and technology in China
- Architecture and urban design in China
- Mobility and transport in China
- Digitalisation / big data in China
- China’s economy (innovation, start-ups)
Lecture period for the winter semester: 14 Oct. 2019 – 15 Feb. 2020
Teaching time: 90 mins/week (2 teaching units), 14 weeks altogether
In exceptional cases block seminars would also be an option as an alternative to the regular courses.
Remuneration: on the basis of time spent at the hourly rates of TU Berlin applicable at the time; in specific and justified cases travel expenses incurred by guest lecturers from outside Berlin can be reimbursed by TU Berlin. 
Applicants shall have obtained a MA/MSc (preferably PhD), teaching experience is desirable.
- title and short description of the course to be taught
- didactic concept (max. 1 page)
- short CV (max. 1 page)
- indication of preference for a regular (weekly) course or block seminar
Applications (for the winter semester of 19/20) should be sent as a single merged pdf-document via email to tuwitech[at]china.tu-berlin.de by 12 April 2019.
 The teaching assignment covers preparation and follow-up as well as the correction and evaluation of the students’ coursework.