Moscow, 18th – 24th Jun 2012
Deadline: 15th Mar 2012
The classes will be held from 18 June (Monday) to 23 June (Saturday). A Moscow city tour is scheduled for 24 June (Sunday). Institute of Oriental and Classical Studies, Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow, Russia
Time & Place, Courses, Participants, Requirements, Application, Contacts
Alexander Storozhuk (St Petersburg University)
“Concept of Death in Chinese Traditional Religions and Folksy Beliefs”
Boris Riftin (Russian State University for the Humanities, Russian Academy of Sciences)
“Chinese Block Print Pictures (年画)”
Dmitriy Voskresensky (Moscow State University)
“Chinese Storytelling (曲艺/说唱艺术/话本)”
Roman Shapiro (Russian State University for the Humanities)
The EACS Summer School in Chinese Studies is organised for B.A., M.A. and PhD Students in Chinese Studies affiliated to European universities.
There is no attendance fee. Teaching is free and, budget pending, meals are free. Participants have to pay their transportation and accommodation fees (the double room price in Moscow is currently about 75 EUR per room per day). The organisers can help with booking the accommodation. Participants may be sponsored by their respective Confucius Institutes or seek other funding.
Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese and proven interest in Chinese Studies.
Please send in:
1. Name and contact information (incl. M/F if you need help with accommodation booking and wish to share a room).
2. Affiliated university plus the name and contact information of one of the teachers/supervisors whom we may contact for reference.
3. List of courses attended which are relevant to the Summer School.
4. Short motivation: why do you want to take part? (important).
5. Length limit: 10 lines for the motivation, one page for the academic C.V.
6. Format : .doc only.
All applications and questions should be sent to Dr Roman Shapiro
All applications must be sent before 1 March, 2012. Prospective participants will be notified by 15 March , 2012.